I have been using a chlorine filter on my shower for 9 years. Chlorine is a poison that we should not drink and should not wash in. Our skin is the largest organ of our body, therefore the time we spend in the shower exposed to chlorine is not healthy.
I can recommend the shower filter unit from Green Home to remove the offending chlorine. It's really easy to add in-line to your existing shower head. Every year I replace the filter by simply unscrewing the clear plastic housing and replacing the used filter with a new filter. This is the filter I've used in my home for the last 9 years.