There was plenty to learn. So much information—felt like I was drinking from a fire hose. I met some really special people who were on their own journey and currently were cancer free because of the lifestyle changes they had made.
There was none more impactful than Jared—Kid Against Chemo, who conquered stage 4 Hodgkin's lymphoma at 17 with his diet changes and alternative treatments. It happened in a few months. After experiencing the devastating effects of his first round of chemotherapy when he thought he was dying, he told his mom he wanted no more chemo. This is one brave kid.
Quest for the Cure... Continues. He picked up on the significance of my genetic cancer condition as a perfect example of epigenetics—the science of changing your genes through environment. In other words, I am able to manage the growth of cancer in my colon through diet and lifestyle changes. He invited me to be interviewed for his next documentary.
I'm passionate about telling others to not be discouraged if you have genes that give you a high probability of cancer like I have for colon cancer. Too many (like Angelina Jolie) opt to have the organ removed to avoid the cancer. The trouble is, you can still get cancer, which the doctors do tell you. Seems celebrities, who have influence on others, feel they are immune to those chances. Hmmmm.
Health Tips/Gems From the Conference
- 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will get cancer.
- Chemotherapy survival rate is 2.1% (source: Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2004).
- Cut out ALL sugar!
- Sleep increases our natural killer cells.
- #1 cause of death is iatrogenic (i.e., medical treatment) induced—a number like two 747s crashing every single day.
- "Cutting out a tumor is like smashing the Check Engine light with a hammer." Ty Bollinger
- 40 years of study show CBD kills cancer without damage to heathy cells.
- Curcumin, Boswellia, Ginger and Black Pepper fight inflammation—the underlying cause of all disease.
- All imported herbs are irradiated.
- From 1950 to 2009 morbidity from cancer remains relatively unchanged.
- Mind-body connection to cancer/disease is very powerful.
- Unforgiveness is like "drinking poison and hoping it hurts them." Chris Wark
- Dr. Lodi, MD: An Oasis of Healing, Mesa, AZ
- Dr. Tony Jimenez, MD: Hope 4 Cancer Institute, Baja, Mexico
- Dr. Contreras, MD: Oasis of Hope, Baja, Mexico
- Dr. Meza, MD: Sanoviv, Baja, Mexico
- Dr. Chillkov, OMD: Integrative Cancer Answers, Santa Monica, CA
- Dr. Connealy, MD: Center for New Medicine, Irvine, CA
- Dr. Sunil Pai, MD: Sanjevani Integrative Medicine Health & Lifestyle Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Many went away from the conference with an arsenal of tools to conquer their cancer. The many doctors in attendance can return to their practice and provide a hope for cancer and illness to their patients. The foundational treatment that everyone at the conference could agree to? Diet. I'm excited that this movement is in motion and here to stay.
Who in your circle of family and friends can benefit from this information?