First, slice the bread
This is a great recipe to get the family involved. Have one child spread the cheese on the bread slices, another spread the jam and another put the two sides together and place them in a glass baking dish.
Strawberry Pecan Oven-Baked French Toast
From Inpired by Combellack Blair House B&B
Yield 8-10 servings
2 loaves Pugliese sour dough bread
4 oz Chevre goat milk cheese
6 Tbsp strawberry jam
1/8 C chopped pecans
1/3 C sliced strawberries
2/3 C fresh orange juice
1/2 C almond milk
3 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 pkg. frozen strawberries, thawed
1/3 C fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Make the night before: Slice bread into thick slices. Spread cheese and jam on half of slices and make sandwiches. Cut in half and place in glass baking dish. Reserve nuts and strawberries.
2. Beat batter ingredients in a blender until fluffy and pour over sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate over night.
4. The next day: Preheat oven to 350º. Combine ingredients for sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
5. Turn sandwiches over, sprinkle with chopped pecans and let sit for 5 minutes. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn midway.
6. Serve with sauce and garnish with the fresh sliced strawberries.
What traditions do you have on Easter?
Linked at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Whole New Mom: Allergy-Free Wednesday.