So here it is! Simple and full of flavor.
Sweet Apple Curry Soup
From Chris Pedersen
Yield 4-6 servings
Cuisine Healthy, Vegan
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
2 14 oz cans coconut milk
2 Tbsp yellow curry powder or paste
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
8 crimini mushrooms, chopped
1 stalk of celery, sliced
1 zuchinni, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
1 C chopped cabbage
1 green onion, sliced
1. Add coconut milk to soup pot over medium heat. Add chopped apples and cook until apples soften.
2. Add the coconut milk and apple broth to Vita Mix or blender. Mix until apple is pureed. Return to soup pot and reduce heat to simmer.
3. Scoop out 1/2 C of soup and add yellow curry powder or paste. Whisk until curry is disolved. Add back to soup and stir to mix.
4. Add olive oil to large saute pan over mediium heat. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute. Stir to coat with oil.
5. Add remaining vegetables (except green onions) one at a time stirring in to mix. Cook mixture for about 5 more minutes.
6. Add vegetable mixture to soup pot and stir. Cook for addtional 5 minutes.
7. Serve in bowls and garnish with sliced green onions.
Linked at Sunday Night Soup Night.