Here's a recipe that you can mix or not. Those with "do to touch" requirements... well... you can get a bigger plate.
Vegetable Mélange with Tamari Ginger Dressing
from Inspired by Food Matters
yield 6-8 servings
1 C farro, soaked for 6 hours & rinsed
1-2 C filtered water
1/4 red cabbage shredded
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
juice of 1/2 lime
1 C cooked garbanzo beans
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, grated or spiralized
1 large zucchini, graetd or spiralized
2 Tbsp tamari
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic sesame seeds, aka Gomasio
1. Boil 1 cup of water and add soaked and rinsed farro. Turn off heat and let sit for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add shredded cabbage to small bowl with apple cider vinegar and lime juice, stir and set aside.
3. Drain farro and let cool.
4. For dressing, combine tamari, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds in a small bowl and whisk well.
5. Divide cooked farro, cabbage, sugar snap peas, avocado, carrot and zucchini between bowls and drizzle with tamari dressing.
notes: • If you did not soak the farro overnight, boil the farro 2 cups of water for 10-12 mintues. Draine and let cool. FYI, soaking overnight makes the grain more digestible.
I hope you are getting plenty of exercise, sleep, and eating lots of plant-based, clean foods. And of course, staying positive and hopeful, which can be getting harder these days.